Warranty Information provided correct as at June 2014. Information may change from time to time and Drouin Cycles will update accordingly. Drouin Cycles does not accept responsibility for changes made to manufacturer’s warranties without notice.
Warranty Support - Apollo Bicycles
This warranty is given by Apollo Bicycle Co. Pty. Ltd (ABN 60 001 914 469) of 3/333 Frankston-Dandenong Rd, Dandenong South, VIC, Australia, 3175. Telephone: (03) 9700 9400. Facsimile: (03) 9700 9499. Email: email@example.com.
This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of an Apollo or Radius bicycle and is not transferable to subsequent owners.
Subject to the terms, conditions and limitations set forth below, Apollo warrants to the original purchaser of each new Apollo bicycle (that has a wheelbase exceeding 640mm or a wheel size of 16″ (40cm) or greater.) that Apollo Bicycle Company will repair or replace the frame or fork should it fail at any weld point, provided it was purchased new from, and assembled by, an authorised Apollo bicycle dealer.
This limited warranty is void if the bicycle is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive or improper use.
All labour charges and freight charges for warranty services are the responsibility of the bicycle’s owner.
Item 1: Warranty coverage for Carbon Fibre frames, without rear suspension systems, shall be for a period of 5 years. Frame fatigue shall not be covered under the terms of this warranty on these frames.
Item 2: Warranty coverage for Aluminium frames, without rear suspension systems, shall be for a period of 5 years. Frame fatigue shall not be covered under the terms of this warranty on these frames. This excludes BMX/stunt frames and forks.
Item 3: Warranty coverage for frames of Hi Tensile steel or Chromoly steel construction, without rear suspension systems, shall be for 10 years. This covers the frame only or fork other than suspension forks. This excludes BMX/stunt frames and forks.
Item 4: Warranty coverage for Downhill, aluminium and carbon dual suspension systems and system components shall be for a period of one year, covering faulty workmanship or materials making up the suspension system. These frames, except Downhill main frames, are covered under the regular warranty for frames of the same material construction should they fail at any regular weld point. Rear suspension design is not covered under this warranty. The fork is not part of the frame and bushings and other pivot hardware on rear suspension frames are not part of the frame.
Item 5: Warranty coverage for BMX/Stunt frame and forks shall be for 3 months.
Item 6: Warranty coverage for front suspension systems shall be for a period of one year, covering faulty workmanship or materials only.
Item 7: Warranty coverage shall last 12 months from the date of purchase for paint finish and all other parts & accessories. Tyres and tubes are not covered by this warranty.
Item 8: Warranty coverage on electrical parts for Electric Pedal Assist bikes shall be as listed below:
- Motor – 2 years
- Battery, Controller, Sensor, Battery Charger – 1 year
The above warranty coverage periods are subject to all the limitations described below.
This limited warranty is not transferable and shall only apply to normal and ordinary use of this product.
To obtain service under this warranty, the bicycle should be returned to the authorised Apollo dealer on the same continent from which it was purchased, in an assembled condition, together with a receipt or appropriate proof of purchase document which identifies the bicycle by frame number.
Should this bicycle or any part or accessory be determined by Apollo to be defective and covered by this limited warranty, Apollo will at its option, either replace or repair any defective product, part or accessory. Dealer labour charges for installing replacement parts or accessories are not covered by this limited warranty. The cost of transportation to and from an authorised Apollo dealer for repair or replacement of any defective part and/or accessory is to be borne by the owner.
The bicycle has not been designed, manufactured or sold for use at any time or place or in any manner whatsoever as a power driven vehicle, motorcross, stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics, or rental, hiring or other such commercial activity and this limited warranty does not cover these acts.
EXCLUSIONS FROM LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover any personal injuries, paint damage, mechanical damage or any other damage or injury due to misuse, neglect, accident, normal wear and tear, abuse, improper use or improper maintenance, corrosion or rusting of the frame or any part or accessory due to exposure to the weather or exposure to a chemical environment, or modifications to the original specifications or factory fitted components, treatment or assembly of this bicycle. Any use of this bicycle which is incompatible with those parts and accessories installed as original equipment by the factory is not covered. The warranty on a carbon frame is voided if the bicycle has been ridden on any stationary trainer which attaches to the rear skewer.
The benefits to the consumer given by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty Support - Fuji Cycles
Rigid frames – Limited lifetime
Rigid forks – Limited lifetime
Full suspension frames – 5 years
Suspension fork – 1 year or manufacturer’s warranty
Suspension parts (shock/pivots) – 1 year or manufacturer’s warranty
Finish – 1 year
Components – 1 year or manufacturer’s warranty
Electric bicycle components – 1 year or manufacturer’s warranty
This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacements of a defective frame, fork, or part and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferrable. Claims under this warranty must be made through an authorised Fuji dealer. Proof of purchase is required and warranty registration must be completed at http://www.advancedsports.com/register/ or a warranty registration card must be received by Fuji Bicycles/Advanced Sports Inc. before a claim can be processed. Warranty remedies are subject to depreciation based on age and use of the bicycle.
Voids and Exclusions
- Wear and tear items; Paint, decals, tires, tubes, chains etc.
- Climatic conditions; Damage due to climatic conditions such as, but not limited to, rain, sun, excessive heat, and exposure to salt air are not covered under the warranty policy
- Improper assembly or follow‐up maintenance; Failure to properly assemble, perform regular maintenance as well as the installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold voids the warranty
- Accident and neglect; Damage or failure due to accident, misuse or neglect, modification of the frame, fork, or components voids the warranty
- Racing and competition; Damage associated with racing or competition voids the warranty
- Abuse; Use for stunts or lack of the technical skill of the user voids the warranty
- Labor charges; Labor charges for the replacement or changeover of parts are the responsibility of the consumer
- Commercial use (rentals, fleet, security, etc.); 2 year limited frame and 6 months components
- Government use (police, military, etc.); 5 year limited frame and 6 months components
Fuji Bicycles/Advanced Sports Inc. shall not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages including damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses. Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply. Warranty duration and detail may differ by frame type and/or by country. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer.
Warranty Support - Felt Cycles
Dear Customer, the following warranty policy applies to all international markets except the USA and Canada. Country specific policies can be found on the FELT distributor’s website of your country. For details of Felt’s warranty in the USA and Canada, please contact FELT Racing LLC at: http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA.aspx
FELT GmbH (International) guarantees that our product is free of material or manufacturing defects for 2 years. This warranty includes all FELT bikes, frames and forks and FELT branded products like seat posts, saddles, bars, stems etc.
This warranty applies only to FELT bicycles or frame kits purchased through an authorized FELT dealer or distributor.
The warranty period goes into effect upon purchase and is only valid for the first owner; it is non transferable and invalid for second hand bikes, and will not be extended by replacing the frame or any part of it.
Parts and components from vendors such as Shimano, Sram, RockShox, Bosch, Suntour, Mavic, WTB, Prologo, Zipp, 3T etc. underlie their own policies. Please contact the national distributors directly for claims.
USEFUL PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE
This warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that your bicycle or frame kit cannot be broken or will last forever. Bicycles and frame kits will not last forever.
Every FELT bicycle or frame kit has a useful product life cycle. The length of this useful life cycle will vary with the construction and materials of the bicycle or frameset, the maintenance and care the bicycle or frame kit receives over its useful product life cycle, and the type and amount of use the bicycle or frameset is subject to.
Use in competition, jumping, downhill racing, road racing, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use can dramatically shorten the useful product life cycle of a Felt frame kit. Any one or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure of a Felt bicycle or frame kit that would not be covered by this warranty.
It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his or her bicycle before each and every ride and to present it periodically by an authorized Felt dealer to check for indications of potential failures including cracks, corrosion, dents, deformation, paint peeling and any other indications of potential problems, inappropriate use or abuse. These are important safety checks to help prevent accidents, bodily injury to the rider and shortened useful product life cycle of your Felt bicycle or frame kit.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Any damage resulting from normal wear and tear, failure or loss caused by abuse, neglect, used for/in competition, jumping, downhill racing, road racing, trick riding, trial riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads or any other non-standard use, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, failure to follow instructions or warnings in the owner’s manual, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, wanton damage or destruction through the original owner or even through third parties or in any other manner for which the bicycle was not designed
- Bicycles or frame kits with no or an incorrect/incomplete sales invoice
- Bicycles or frame kits with a frame serial number that has been removed or is incomplete
- Labor charges for part replacement or changeover
- Bicycles and frames with installed components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the bicycle or frameset as sold.
IN CASE OF A WARRANTY
Please get back to your retailer for all warranty and service requests even if the bicycle or frame kit was purchased from an online shop or from another country.
If the retailer you purchased your bicycle or frame kit from is no longer in business, please contact the FELT distributor in your country.
The following is necessary to honor and deal with a warranty and must be presented to an authorized Felt dealer or FELT distributor:
- Picture(s) of the whole bicycle/frame (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
- Picture(s) of the serial number (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
- Picture(s) of the defect/damage (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
- Info on bicycle/frame kit model name
- Info on frame size
- Info on model year
- Info on serial number
- Info on defect/damage
- Info on date of purchase
- Sales invoice*
*Some important notes regarding the sales invoice:
The sales invoice must include: the dealers name and address, the customer’s name and address, the date of purchase, the total invoice amount, the name of the bicycle or frame kit indicating model/type, model year, serial number and frame size.
Alternatively, we reserve the right to accept a cash receipt which only shows the dealers name and address, a total invoice amount and date of purchase in connection with an original and complete FELT bike card (this can be found in your FELT owner’s manual).
The FELT bike card must include information on the model/type, model year, serial number, frame size, date of purchase and dealer name/address stamp or sticker.
Once your claim is confirmed to be under warranty you will be offered a repair or if that is not possible a suitable replacement. Such a replacement may differ from the defect item, if the original part is not in stock.
We intend to provide a suitable replacement concerning quality, material, technology and range of use.
The original owner has to pay for all costs for service of labor or additional (spare) parts which may be necessary to rebuild the new frame. Claims made outside the country of purchase may be subject to fees and additional restrictions.
IN CASE A OF A NON-LEGITIMATED WARRANTY REQUEST
We know how much you love your FELT bike and understand the burden of having to replace a non-warranty damaged frame. In order to help with this and keep our FELT customers happy and on their bikes, FELT offers a 5 year valid crash replacement program for the first owner. All customers who buy a FELT bicycle or frame kit from September 1st 2013 have the chance to register their FELT product within eight calendar weeks from date of purchase on http://crp.felt.de.
This program can be used to get a discount on a replacement frame in case of non-warranty damage or if the warranty on the frame has expired. Depending on the age of the bike, the following discounts apply to the retail price for a Felt frame in your country:
Year (1) = 50% within 12 months after purchase
Year (2) = 40% within 13-24 months after purchase
Year (3) = 30% within 25-36 months after purchase
Year (4) = 20% within 37-48 months after purchase
Year (5) = 10% within 49-60 months after purchase
Furthermore, with the registration you will have the chance to get our FELT Newsletter, which will keep you up-to-date.
CONDITIONS FOR THE FELT CRP
- Activation of the 5 year valid FELT CRP is free of charge.
- The FELT CRP can be activated by the customer within 8 calendar weeks from the date of purchase or by an authorised FELT dealer directly upon purchase. Register at http://crp.felt.de. The customer will get an official FELT CRP certificate via e-mail following the registration.
- The FELT CRP is only valid for the first owner of a bike purchased after September 1st 2013. The bike or frame kit must be registered.
- The FELT CRP is valid for all FELT carbon, aluminium and steel frames, except BMX & Cruiser frames, and is not offered in relation to any other products or parts.
- The FELT CRP can only be used one (1) time within the 5 year period.
- The FELT CRP is only valid for damage which influences the function of the frame. Optical defects (scratches, paint chips, colour, decals, dents etc.) are not covered.
- The FELT CRP is not valid for any kind of vandalism.
- The FELT CRP program time period cannot be extended.
- The FELT CRP is offered to customers who bought their bike or frame kit in any country except the USA and Canada. The purchase of the bike must be from an authorised FELT dealer.
- The FELT CRP cannot be used for second hand bikes or frame kits, or if the bike or frame kit is already a crash replacement, was purchased at a reduced price or is a warranty replacement that was free of charge.
- The FELT crash replacement frame is covered by a 2 year warranty period and only if a new sales invoice according the requirements is issued.
- If you are a FELT customer and bought your bike or frame kit in the USA or Canada, please go to www.feltbicycles.com/USA.aspx for the policies and conditions.
- FELT GmbH (International) and all official and authorised FELT distributors reserve the right to offer any kind of crash replacement frame for any reason, but will try to find and provide the best and suitable replacement frame or frame kit concerning design, colour, quality, material, technology or range of use.
- FELT GmbH (International) and all official and authorised FELT distributors reserve the right to decline a crash replacement frame for any reason.
- The original is responsible for covering all costs for shipping, taxes, duties and service of labor or additional parts which may be necessary to rebuild the new bike.
IN CASE YOU WANT TO USE THE FELT CRP
- Please contact your authorised FELT dealer or the FELT distributor in your country.
- The following is necessary to honour and to deal with FELT CRP:
Info on defect/damage and how it was caused
Copy of the FELT CRP certificate
Picture(s) of the whole bike/frame (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format), Picture(s) of the serial number (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format), Picture(s) of the defect/damage (high resolution and clear, in *.jpg format)
*Important notes regarding the sales invoice:
The sales invoice must include the dealer’s name and address, the customer’s name and address, the date of purchase, the total invoice amount, the name of the bike/frame kit indicating model/type, model year, serial number and frame size.
Please note that a sales invoice which only shows a sum and which does not indicate the correct name of Felt model/type, model year, serial number and frame size cannot be accepted. Any changes or additions to a sales invoice will void the FELT CRP.
Alternatively, FELT has the right to accept a cash receipt which only shows the dealers name and address, a total invoice amount and date of purchase together with an original and complete FELT bike card (this can be found in your FELT owner’s manual). The FELT bike card must include the information on model/type, model year, serial, number, frame size, date of purchase and dealer name/address stamp or sticker.
When all information is provided and correct, FELT GmbH (International) or the official and authorised FELT distributor will decide if a crash replacement frame will be granted and what frame will be offered.
Warranty Support - Giant
Warranty of lifetime for –
- The bicycle frame, except on models intended for downhill purposes.
Warranty of ten years for –
- Rigid forks.
Warranty of three years for –
- Frames on models intended for downhill purpose.
Warranty of one year for –
- Paint finish and decals.
All other original parts, including rear shock linkages, but excluding non Giant Brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers. (All non Giant brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers shall be covered exclusively by the stated warranty of their original manufacturer.)
REQUIRED ASSEMBLY WHEN PURCHASED
This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from an Authorised Giant Dealer and assembled by that dealer at the time of purchase.
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above Giant warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Giant. This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable. In no event shall Giant be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
The above warranty, or any implied warranty, does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear on parts such as tires, chains, brakes, cables and gearwheels in situations where there are no assembly or material defects.
- Bicycles serviced by other than an Authorised Giant dealer.
- Modifications from the original condition.
- Use of the bicycle for abnormal, competition and/or commercial activities or for purposes other than those for which the bicycle was designed.
- Damage caused by failing to follow the owner’s manual.
- Paint finish and decal damage resulting from taking part in competitions, jumping, downhill and/or training for such activities or events or as a result of exposing the bike to, or riding the bike in, severe conditions or climates.
- Labor charges for part replacement or changeover.
Except as is provided by this warranty and subject to all additional warranties Giant and its employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including incidental and consequential loss or damage caused by negligence or default) arising from or concerning any Giant bicycle.
Giant makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.
Any claim against this warranty must be made through an Authorised Giant Dealer or distributor. The purchase receipt or other proof of the date of purchase is required before a warranty claim may be processed.
Claims made outside the country of purchase may be subject to fees and additional restrictions.
Warranty duration and detail may differ by frame type and/or by country. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
In relation to goods sold in Australia, these Giant warranty terms must be read in conjunction with the terms set out below in the section titled “Additions for Australia”.
For 2011 and older model bicycles, please consult your owner’s manual or contact Giant or your Authorised Giant dealer for the applicable warranty information.
Additions for Australia
In relation to goods sold in Australia, the following terms form part of this ’Giant warranty in addition to the terms set out above. To the extent of any inconsistency between the below terms and the terms of the warranty set out above, the below terms will prevail.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This Giant warranty does not exclude, restrict or modify any such statutory rights or remedies.
The Remedy and Exclusions outlined above operate in addition to all rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law and any other relevant legislation and are not intended to exclude, restrict or modify any such rights or remedies.
Any claim under this additional Giant warranty must be made in person through an Authorised Giant Dealer or distributor. Any cost incurred by you in making a claim under this warranty will be borne by you. Except as is provided by this warranty and subject to any rights or remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or other relevant law in relation to the goods to which this warranty relates, Giant and its employees and agents shall not be liable for any other loss or damage whatsoever (including incidental and consequential loss or damage caused by negligence or default) arising from or concerning any Giant bicycle.
The benefits given to you by this Giant warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under a law in relation to the goods to which this Giant warranty relates. This Giant warranty does not exclude, restrict or modify any such statutory rights or remedies.
The additions of the Giant warranty are given by:
Name: Giant Bicycle Co. Pty Ltd
Company address: Unit 7, 3-5 Gilda Court, Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia
Company telephone number: (03) 8541-4800
Company email address: firstname.lastname@example.org